When spring finally arrives, cooking with fresh herbs, light greens, and vivid green colors is like spring break for your palate. This blend of delicate peas, fresh mint, lemon vinaigrette and a little parmesan makes the perfect spring salad!
- 1 pound fresh peas
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon; zested and juiced
- 3 cups lightly packed tender pea shoots or small watercress sprigs
- Freshly shaved (or grated) parmesan to taste
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
How to Make It
In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the peas until they are just tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and run under cold water. Let them dry on a paper towel and cool completely.
In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Add peas and mint, and toss to coat. Let sit for 5 minutes, then toss in shaved parmesan and serve.