Move over, açaí! These gorgeous bright pink pitaya bowls are packed with nutrients — and they’re oh, so Instagram-worthy.
What’s a Pitaya?
If you’re wondering what pitaya is, it’s just another name for dragon fruit. This pretty superfood is packed with glow-inducing antioxidants, immunity-boosting vitamins, and a host of health benefits. It naturally detoxes the body, aids digestion, and destroys free radicals to keep your hair and skin youthful and glowing.
Where to find Pitaya Puree
You can usually find pre-made pitaya puree packs in the freezer aisle at your local grocery store. (We used Pitaya Plus.)
- 12 ounces frozen Pitaya (Dragonfruit) puree or fresh fruit cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup coconut water
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped mango
- 1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- Handful of raspberries
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- Toasted coconut flakes
- Puree the pitaya and coconut water in a blender.
- Pour into a bowl and top with banana, mango chunk, kiwi, raspberries, pomegranate seeds, chia seeds, and coconut flakes.
Top your bowl with whatever you have on hand. Any frozen fruit, granola, almonds, flax or chia seeds… the list goes on!